Single Blog Title

This is a single blog caption

Vikings – Chinese Peking 5-0

Vikings – Chinese Peking 5-0

Man of the Match
Yellow Card
Red Card
Christian, Ruj, Mofok, own goal 2
Udom, Jannik

For the third time of the season Vikings took on Chinese Peking. The previous two games had a very different outcome with a 3-3 draw and a 13-0 win so it was hard to know what could be expected. For once it was real Scandinavian football weather with a bit of rain and most important no sunshine.

There were some changes to the team since last week as Hallas and Breitner could not play but Tim and Joel were back. Again there was the missing keeper problem but Christian L and Christian H took one half each.


The lineup: Christian L; Travis, Stein, Graeme, Joel; Mofok, Chris, Christian H, Jannik; Tim, Udom.

Subs: Martin and Ruj.


It was quickly revealed that the Chinese team didn’t have a lot to offer in terms of playing football. Vikings did well to pass the ball around and created some early chances. The referee did his best to keep the Chinese in the game with a lot of offside calls – most of them not correct.

It was just a question of when the Vikings would take the lead and as a corner from Udom was cleared Christian H was there to pick up the ball and scored from just outside the penalty area. 1-0.


Travis was very active on the right side and as he cut into the penalty area and crossed the ball in front of goal a Chinese defender took it on himself to direct the ball into the back of the net. 2-0.


Ruj was brought on the field and his speed caused a lot of trouble for the Chinese defense. Udom sent him towards goal with a fine pass and Ruj put the ball past the advancing keeper. 3-0.


At this stage it was all one way traffic and the Chinese team posed no threat at all. Tim was close to scoring after a good pass from Chris and the Vikings played some good football. Chris gave Jannik a good pass down the right side and with a flat cross he found Mofok in front of goal. Mofok fired the ball past the keeper with his first time effort. 4-0.


At halftime the score was 4-0 to the Vikings after a good first half.


Second half saw the Vikings changing some players in the formation and it didn’t work out too well. The passing game was suddenly not working and the Chinese got more of the ball possession. It should also be mentioned that the Chinese team had committed loads of fouls and their way of playing was getting frustrating. Finally the referee had seen enough and awarded a second yellow to a Chinese player for a stupid foul.

With the one man advantage the Vikings now started to create some opportunities again. Ruj crossed the ball into the penalty area from the left side. The pass was intended for Tim but a Chinese defender beat him to it – and scored the second own goal of the game! 5-0.


From this point on the behavior of the Chinese team only got worse and as the Vikings were awarded a free kick one of the Chinese players verbally abused the referee who had no other choice than to send him off. This caused some arguing between the two teams and the referee as the Chinese player refused to leave the field. To everyone’s surprise the Chinese coach then decided to forfeit the game and told all of his players to walk off.

So with about 20 minutes left to play the referee had to call it off and the final score was 5-0 for the Vikings. A disappointing end to the game and one can only hope that this will be the last performance from the Chinese Peking in the MBMG International League.


Man of the match was Travis.

Match report by: Jannik